Here are some suggested tips for some really fun ways to celbrate this milestone!
|In 2015, the Hagerstown Suns are celebrating the team’s 35th anniversary all summer long. There will be plenty of opportunities to celebrate the team, its players (current and former), and fans who have supported the team for decades. Here are 10 ways to make the most of the Hagerstown Suns 35th anniversary season.
1. Buy season tickets. The Hagerstown Suns play a total of 70 home games during the 35th anniversary season at Municipal Stadium from April through September, and season tickets for reserved seats at every game are only $579. General admission season tickets are $468. Season ticket holders get a 10 percent discount on all food and Suns merchandise, early entrance at all games, an invitation to a Meet the Team party, a team autograph opportunity, private parking and an invite to the End-of-year Party at the Park. Individual games tickets also are available.
2. Attend opening night at Municipal Stadium. The Suns’ season kicks off at home on April 16 against the Lakewood BlueClaws. Dane Anthony, who threw the first pitch in Hagerstown Suns history in 1981, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Antietam Brewery will unveil a special Hagerstown Suns 35th Anniversary brew in the beer garden that will be available all season, and every Thursday at Municipal Stadium is Thirsty Thursday, with $1 draft and $2 craft beers in the beer garden.
3. Take home a 35th anniversary throwback jersey. On Saturday, April 18, the Suns players will debut throwback jerseys and hats designed to combine several looks of the past. The jerseys will be worn during all Saturday home games; hats will be auctioned off on July 11, and jerseys auctioned August 29.
4. Sign children up for the Hagerstown Suns Kids Club. For just $15, a child can be a member of the kids club, which grants them free admission to all home games, discounts on food and merchandise, time to play catch on the field before Sunday home games, and the chance to be a Suns bat kid.
5. Buy tickets for the 2015 Hagerstown Suns Beer Tasting Festival. The 21-and-over festival takes place from 3 to 7 p.m. on June 27, a non-game night, in the beer garden at Municipal Stadium. Tickets are $40, and attendees get to taste local, regional and national brews from a variety of vendors, taking home a commemorative tasting glass as well.
6. Attend special Friday night happy hour events. Fireworks go off every Friday night after the Suns games, and fans can get special happy hour pricing on domestic beers during home games. But on four Fridays this season (May 29, June 12, July 3, and August 7), gates open early at 4:30 p.m. for an extended happy hour with live entertainment.
7. Plan a weekend all about the Suns in Hagerstown this summer. Families can plan a trip to Hagerstown celebrating the Suns for an entire weekend. On eleven separate weekends during the summer, the Suns play a combination of Friday, Saturday and Sunday games. Before games, families can explore museums and historic sites, area restaurants, and a number of other free things to do. Getting to Hagerstown from out of town is easy, and more than 20 area hotels are available for overnight stays.
8. Share your thoughts and photos all season long using the #HagerstownSuns35 hashtag. If you’re attending a game, beer festival or sharing photos from previous games, include the #HagerstownSuns35 hashtag in your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram posts. Become a fan of the Suns on Facebook and Twitter to follow updates from the team all season long, and like the Hagerstown CVB on Facebook and Twitter for information about what’s happening around town.
9. Promote the Suns’ anniversary season by using the 35th Anniversary logo on social media. Download the official Hagerstown Suns special anniversary logo and make it your profile picture on Facebook to show support for the team during this special anniversary season.
10. Mark your calendars for season-long special promotions. Almost every home game has a special collectible giveaway or pricing promotion. Check out the Hagerstown website for the home game promotions schedule. All promotions and special events are subject to change throughout the season.